Jack Uldrich is a renowned global futurist, independent scholar, sought-after business speaker, and best-selling author. His books include the best-selling, The Next Big Thing is Really Small: How Nanotechnology Will Change the Future of Your Business, and the award-winning books, Into the Unknown: Leadership Lessons from Lewis & Clark's Daring Westward Expedition and Jump the Curve: 50 Essential Strategies to Help Your Company Stay Ahead of Emerging Technologies. He is also the author of Green Investing: A Guide to Making Money through Environment-Friendly Stocks. His most recent works include Higher Unlearning: 39 Post-Requisite Lessons for Achieving a Successful Future (2011) and Foresight 2020: A Futurist Explores the Trends Transforming Tomorrow (2012).
Mr. Uldrich's other written works have appeared in The Wall Street Journal, BusinessWeek, The Futurist, Future Quarterly Research, The Wall Street Reporter, Leader to Leader, Management Quarterly and hundreds of other newspapers and publications around the country. He is also a frequent guest of the media worldwide-having appeared on CNN, MSNBC, and National Public Radio on numerous occasions.
In addition to speaking on future trends, emerging technologies, innovation, change management and leadership, Uldrich is a leading expert on assisting businesses adapt. He has served as an advisor to Fortune 1000 companies and is noted for his ability to deliver provocative, new perspectives on competitive advantage, organizational change and transformational leadership.
Highly regarded for his unique ability to present complex information in an entertaining, understandable and digestible manner that stays with his audiences long afterwards, Uldrich has spoken to hundreds of businesses and organizations, including IBM, Cisco, WiPro, Wells Fargo, General Electric, General Mills, United Healthcare, Pepsico, the Young Presidents Organization (YPO), Pfizer, Invitrogen, St. Jude Medical, AG Schering, Imation, Fairview Hospitals, Touchstone Energy, The Insurance Service Organization, The National Kitchen & Bath Association, The National Paint & Coatings Association and dozens more.
Jack Uldrich is also known for his willingness to work with clients well in advance of his presentations in order to deliver highly tailored presentations that are guaranteed to help his clients not only profit today, but continue to prosper long into the future.
- Foresight 20/20: Ten Trends Transforming Tomorrow - The next decade is only a handful of years away. What might the world of 2020 like look like? How will you and your business have changed? More importantly, how will you and your organization need to change? The answer, in two short words, is: a lot!
Consider this: Eight years ago Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Wikipedia didn't even exist; neither did the iPhones, iPads, apps or Kindles. Now, fast forward eight years into the future and try to comprehend how accelerating advances in information and communication technologies, the "Internet of things," social media, robotics, artificial intelligence, nanotechnology, biotechnology, brain-neural interfaces, gaming dynamics, crowd-sourcing and open-source sharing platforms will continue to drive seismic change and deliver paradigm-shattering transformation to nearly every facet of society.
In this engaging and entertaining keynote presentation based on his latest book, globally renowned futurist and best-selling author Jack Uldrich will take the guess-work out of understanding the near future by providing an in-depth exploration of how ten technological trends will transform the world of 2020. Whatever your industry, association or organization, Jack Uldrich will work with you and your staff to create a customized presentation sure to not only energize and enlighten your audience but also provide them with the inspiration and ammunition to harness these trends and create their own successful future.
- The Future Requires Unlearning - The pace of technological change is accelerating. Today's organizations are living in a world where "constant change is the only constant." New advances in biotechnology, nanotechnology, and information technology are bringing forth exciting and unexpected discoveries every day, while the expansive and growing power of the Internet, social networking and the open-source movement are fueling the fires which threaten to consume much of today's existing business landscape.
Life-long learning will obviously be more essential than ever in this chaotic and churning environment; but often lost in this new emerging reality of exponential change is the fact that before an organization can seize tomorrow's opportunities it must first unlearn old, obsolete knowledge as well as unlearn the old ways of doing business. In this fascinating, informative, entertaining, interactive and enlightening presentation, noted global futurist and best-selling author, Jack Uldrich - who has been hailed by BusinessWeek as "America's Chief Unlearning Officer" - will not only explain why unlearning is a critical skill for your company or an organization's employees, he will also demonstrate how unlearning can help:
- Successfully navigate a future where the pace of scientific and technological knowledge is doubling every seven years
- Prepare for competition that doesn't yet exist
- Seize opportunities which are, today, only on the periphery of their imagination
- Jump the Curve: 50 Essential Strategies to Help Companies Deal with Emerging Technologies - Based on Jack's book by the same name, Jack explores how exponential trends in information technology, biotechnology, robotics, manufacturing, material science and nanotechnology, are all converging at this unique moment in history. Uldrich's presentation lays out ten specific strategies that executives, businesses and industries can use to navigate and survive in this era of unparalleled change.
- Future Trends in Healthcare, Energy, Technology, Retail and Other Industries - Jack Uldrich also speaks frequently on future trends for specific industries. In 2010, he has addressed numerous medical associations on "The Future of Health Care," as well as a handful of other business associations on the future of manufacturing.
- Innovating Out of the Recession and Into a More Successful Future - The economy has slowed to a crawl but the development of new emerging technologies has not. Smart companies and organizations understand the best way to confront the slowdown is to speed up. Noted futurist and best-selling author Jack Uldrich outlines eight concrete strategies that will kick start innovation and help your organization create a new and profitable future.
- The Future is Green - Jack Uldrich lays out in this entertaining, educational and informative presentation eight reasons why your future will be green. He further explains why "going green" will have as much to do with the color of money as it does protecting the environment. Depending upon the audience and the goals of the conference, Mr. Uldrich will tailor his remarks to: discuss particular green technologies (e.g. solar, wind, biofuels, advanced batteries, demand management and energy conservation technologies, etc.); emphasize the opportunities inherent in emerging green technologies, such as fuel cells and wave power; or outline the business and investment strategies necessary to take advantage of the coming green revolution.
- The Next Big Thing is Really Small: How Nanotechnology Will Change the Future of Your Business - This topic, which is taken from his 2003 besting-selling book of the same name, can be tailored for any audience or industry. In the past year, Uldrich has spoken to a variety of groups in the pharmaceutical, energy, educational, agricultural, retail, insurance and computer industries about nanotechnology's impending impact on their businesses.
- Investing in Nanotechnology: Think Small, Win Big - This topic, which is the title of Uldrich's third book, is ideal for audiences in the investment or financial services industries who are looking to profit from emerging trends.