Vicki Hess, RN, MS, Certified Speaking Professional, is your go-to resource for positively impacting employee engagement in healthcare.
Her unique views on patient and employee engagement are evidence-based, relatable and real world. Organizations that implement Vicki's ideas experience increased productivity, safety, quality, retention, client satisfaction, creativity and more.
As a keynote speaker, trainer, consultant and author of 4 books; Vicki inspires clients to take action by sharing high-impact, easy to implement ideas that transform the way people work. As a cancer survivor and victim of a surgical mistake, she brings the voice of the patient into her programs.
Vicki holds a BS (Nursing) from the University of Florida and a Master's Degree in Human Resource Development from Towson University. She was an adjunct professor at Johns Hopkins University Graduate School of Business for five years.
Vicki is the author of four books about employee engagement. She also writes for industry and association publications including Hospital & Health Network, Becker's Hospital Review, NurseTogether.com and others.
Vicki began her work in sales for the Xerox Corporation. She parlayed this experience into jobs with Entre' Computer Centers (sales training and management) and Bonner & Associates (selling for a grassroots lobbying firm). She then worked in healthcare for 10 years in clinical and organization development roles for LifeBridge Health in Baltimore, MD. In that role, she was responsible for the non-clinical training and development of 6,000 employees at four different campuses. Since 2001, Vicki has been the Principal of Catalyst Consulting, LLC - her own speaking, training and consulting firm. With her focus on employee engagement in healthcare, her business continues to grow each year.
- Engagement, Every Step of the Way: Successfully Leading Change in a "Do More With Less" World - Imagine a workforce full of empowered employees and motivated managers who deliver outstanding service to internal and external customers, and provide exceptional quality and safety results. Sound too good to be true in these topsy-turvy times? If you are looking for evidence-based strategies for moving your team, department, division or entire organization toward full engagement, then join Vicki Hess for this practical, interactive, real-world workshop.
At the end of the program, leaders will be able to:
- Role model a state of high engagement - with several specific ideas for re-energizing themselves.
- Spread the engagement message to their team - with 3 exercises to take back to staff.
- Create a lasting culture of engagement - with an exercise that builds a broader view of organization-wide beliefs and mindsets.
- The Times are Changing: Lead Your Organization to Professional Paradise & Beyond -
"Professional Paradise"...really? Many folks think it's an oxymoron or something soft and intangible, but Vicki shares leadership solutions to make it a reality. Organizational leaders often find themselves dealing with a seemingly never-ending list of tasks. Most of these cannot be given the attention that they require, thus they negatively affect the workplace. Other tasks are difficult to carry out because of a lack of energy and effort put forth by the staff. Is there a way for leaders to overcome this? Yes! And it starts with engagement.
Employee engagement is the difference between a workplace that operates and one that excels. In order to accomplish this, you must venture forth into Professional Paradise (AKA high engagement). In this mindset, you are satisfied, energized, and productive, allowing for the enjoyment of work and noticeable results of success.
- The One Thing that Affects Everything: Transforming Healthcare Delivery through Optimized Employee Engagement -
What's the one thing that healthcare leaders can focus on that will positively impact quality, safety, technology, finances, new markets, the patient experience, population health, the multi-generational workforce, changing business models and so much more? Employee Engagement. It's true! Employee engagement is the difference between an organization that operates and one that excels. Using evidence-based research, proven strategies from successful clients and real-world ideas from her 4 books, Vicki Hess reveals tools and techniques for healthcare leaders to easily understand and manage the nuances of employee engagement in spite of changing priorities and a very busy schedule.
Vicki shares a unique way to look at patient and employee (and physician) engagement to better understand how they are deeply connected and what you can do about it as a leader. This distinctive process provides a valuable framework for strategic and operational discussions. After this session, you will think about engagement differently. From self-engagement to how leaders can foster a culture of engagement where everyone works well together (with a strong and abiding commitment to service) participants walk away with tools to use today to transform the workplace of tomorrow.
- Transformational Leadership: Shortcuts to Becoming a Leader that Others Want to Follow - Do you find yourself struggling to meet the demands of a busier than usual workplace? In addition to your full-time job of managing your team are you still doing hands-on "work" in your area of expertise? Do you wish others around you would take ownership for their own responsibilities so you could get back to work?
If you responded "yes" to any of these questions then you're ready for the shortcuts to becoming a transformational leader who garners the trust, respect and admiration of others. (Bernard M. Bass, Bass' Transformational Leadership Theory). On our journey to transformational leadership, Vicki Hess, RN, MS, Certified Speaking Professional and author, shares real-world tools and techniques for positively influencing others and creating a positive work environment - even when everything around you is rapidly changing.