Audiences love Karyn Buxman's message of laughter and leadership. In one month she spoke for the Million Dollar Round Table, the US Air Force, the Mayo Clinic, Pfizer, and the Association for Peri-Operative Room Nurses.
Entertaining, educational and inspiring, Karyn has addressed thousands of audiences around the world, to groups from 10 to 10,000. Corporate, education, government, healthcare and professional associations value the transformational power of Karyn's inspirational, entertaining, and practical message. Change is possible - and it can be fun!
Karyn is in the National Speakers Association's Speaker Hall of Fame. She is a proud recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award from the Association for Applied and Therapeutic Humor. She serves on the advisory boards of the Invisible Disabilities Association and the American Happiness Association. She's the co-founder of World Laughter Tour. That's why Karyn Buxman is the best person to teach your team how they can lead with laughter!
Karyn is committed to teaching as many people as possible to transform their lives with laughter. That's why in addition to speaking to thousands of people every year, she's:
- Authored Amazed & Amused: How to Survive & Thrive as a Healthcare Professional
- Contributing Author to several Chicken Soup books
- Co-authored The Service Prescription: Healthcare the Way It Was Meant to Be
- Created, wrote and published the multiple book series: What's So Funny About...?
You'll also find Karyn in Women's Day, Shape, Marie Claire, Investor's Business Daily and US News & World Report as well as professional journals including AJN, AORN, AACN, and Journal of Psychosocial Nursing. Still want more? Karyn is a frequent radio and television guest.
- Amazed and Amused: How to Survive and Thrive as a Healthcare Professional - Success is not measured only in dollars and cents, but also in the moments that you live amazed and amused. Balance is achieved not by see-sawing between opposites, but by accepting your place in the scheme of things, and by seeing it all as amazing and/or amusing. Surviving without thriving is not good enough, and we can only do our best when we self-create an attitude of amazement, and a perspective that encourages amusement. Bestselling author, RN, and observer of the human condition Karyn Buxman will take you on a life-changing journey of humor and hope.
- This Won't Hurt a Bit--And Other Fractured Truths in Healthcare - Sicker patients, irritable docs, cranky coworkers, days that are long on hours and short on resources. It's obvious that the state of health care today is no joke--but it just may be a laughing matter, if we understand that humor is frequently generated by painful circumstances. Karyn understands that those who can't learn to laugh in the midst of this highly stressful profession usually leave it. In a hysterically entertaining keynote, Karyn connects with fellow healthcare workers to help them get through the toughest of days and still remain smiling. A great opening or closing keynote.
- I'm The Leader - Which Way Did They Go? - Successful people--in business, politics and life in general--have something in common: they understand that humor is an important trait for effective leaders. Ronald Reagan was a master at using humor on the world stage; the characters in M*A*S*H used humor to retain their sanity amid horrendous conditions; and your audience can learn how to use humor effectively in their daily work lives. Properly used, humor is a dynamic communication strategy that strengthens relationships, builds rapport, and enhances effectiveness. Karyn uses (hysterical) personal anecdotes, (solid) medical research, and (practical) tips to help your audience enhance their humor skills in the service of better leadership.
- I've Got One Nerve Left and You're Standing on It - Expanding responsibilities, shrinking budgets, cranky coworkers, family demands, too much to do and not enough time to do it! Is it any wonder that we're all a little edgy? Find out how taking care of yourself can affect your sanity, your success and everyone's bottom line. Learn how to get through the toughest of days and still remain smiling. Discover how to survive and thrive in a world of change.
- I Know You Think You Understood What You Thought I Said - Whether it's one-on-one, in a classroom setting, or an important meeting, humor can give you a serious advantage. Want to convey information? Do you need to deal with an unpleasant situation? Do your circumstances call for negotiation? Join Karyn Buxman for the opportunity to laugh and to learn how to ramp up the effectiveness of your communication and reap the rewards.
- The Service Prescription: Healthcare the Way It Was Meant to Be - Patients are what it's all about. Without them...game over, everyone go home. Discover how to enhance patients' relationships and satisfaction, as well as a cost-effective means of driving more money to your bottom line--through attitude and humor! Laugh and learn as Karyn Buxman reveals how the power of perspective can be translated into dollars-and-cents for your office/hospital's success.